We acknowledge the First Peoples – the Traditional Owners of the lands where we live and work, and we recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay respect to Elders – past, present and emerging – and acknowledge the importance of Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islanders.
Early nights, great peaceful sleeps
Lots of cuddles, kisses and Love
The odd rest day off school/kindy/childcare if too much has been happening.
A HEALTHY GUT FLORA is essential for a healthy immune systems in babies and small children. A good probiotic most days until 3yrs old and regularly throughout the winter months until 5 yrs old is ideal.
Fermented foods such as keffir, yoghurt, fermented fish and vegetables (see Sally Fallon’s work- Nourishing Traditions).
Extra probiotics are necessary after c section births; when weening before 3 years; after vaccinations and the use of antibiotics.
CLEAR LYMPHATIC GLANDS UNDER THE JAWLINE and around the neck are extremely helpful in preventing URTI in children. When children are small their glands can become easily congested. The longer the glands stay engorged, the greater chance of ear, nose and throat infections starting or re-occuring.
Ways to clear glands:
- avoid wheat and dairy
- green clay poultices
- gentle tapping/massage of the area 1-2x/day. Essential oils-eucalyptus 2drops
- lemon 1 drop
- lavender 3drops in a desert spoon of base oil.
- Homoeopathics and Schussler Tissue Salts are invaluable! My favourite remedies: “Lyphomyocot” by Heel and Homoeopathic Phytolacca. Tissue salts- calcium sulphate, potassium sulphate, potassium chloride, silica. Herbal remedies – clivers and poke root.
Immune Boosting Remedies for Preventing Colds and Flus in Children
- Homoeopathic “Engystol” by Heel
- “Galiumheel” by Heel
- Vit C
- Vit A
- Echinacea extract
- Olive leaf extract
- Astragalus extract
- Asian mushroom extracts – Reishi, shitake.